Top Social

general update and chit chat

January 05, 2013







I’ve probably grown to love Cardiff more than anything in the past few days, and it kind of sucks that I’m currently on my way back to Birmingham, because I will actually miss Cardiff! It’s like a weird little cycle, I always get excited about the prospect of getting to go home, but as soon as I get back into Birmingham I miss everything Welsh! I thought I’d share a few things about the last few days in Cardiff, partially because I hope you’ll find it a good read, and partially because I’m on a four hour journey home, trying my hardest not to get bored. I guess I could be revising for exams on this coach, but procrastination is getting the best of me.

First I’ll update you on a cheeky few steals. With Christmas money, sales, and staff discount at Urban Outfitters, I just couldn’t resist these new bargains. I managed to find two dresses from Topshop, and a cute little playsuit from Miss Selfridges. The two dresses both have lace detail, something I seriously cannot get enough of. The white lace dress has a Lana Del Rey-esque feel to it; it’s very elegant and girly, which is something that I never usually go for. I tend to avoid the colour white, it’s always seemed risky to me, I wonder how long it will take me to stain the poor thing.  It’s a dress that can be worn casually during the day, with a denim shirt over it or cardigan, yet it also seems appropriate for a few drinks/meal out. Following my ‘black dress’ post, I figured there was an urgency to get a black dress in my life!  After browsing around, Topshop offered me this lovely dress for an amazing price of £30. Bargain. The playsuit is something I would never go for usually either, I’m such a clumsy person, and it is extremely girly with floral patterns. I wore this playsuit on NYE, and struggled so much when I ‘broke the seal’. I guess that’s my own fault though, playsuits may look good, but I have always figured they are not practical for a night out! Yet, I can imagine it to look lovely in Summer, so it’s a decent investment.

With my staff discount at Urban Outfitters, and these lovely Sparkle and Fade velvet shorts screaming out at me to buy them, I decided it was finally time to invest in them. I opted to go for XS in the shorts, because of the awkward sizing at UO it just seemed appropriate to do so. However, although these shorts are lush to look at, I’m finding it hard to even think of when to wear them, because they are way too short! This is probably why they are categorised under Women’s Accessories at work, so if you’re into the whole ‘under wear is outer wear’ look, these are seriously amazing, but I will definitely pair these shorts with dark opaque tights, to avoid judgmental looks on a night out! Another new thing in my life is my pug pillow, which my mom kindly surprised me with. Just look at how cute it is!  You will soon begin to learn that I am obsessed with pugs, that’s if you didn’t know already!


So what have I been up to for the past few days? Well Thursday night consisted of going down to the Woody for a barbecue chicken and bacon melt, highly recommend it, fuck it is lush! It then accidently turned into drinking silly amounts of apple vodka and a night out in Cardiff. It was fairly quiet in Cardiff, so we ended up going Live Lounge, and sitting on a sofa laughing at gross couples that were eating each other’s faces off. Luckily though, I ended up with a double bed this night and falling asleep with Russell Brand. (This sounds so inappropriate, so I’ll let you know that by falling asleep with Brand, I mean falling asleep with him on TV).  Hangover day was different this time, instead I was shown where the Chinese supermarkets were, and got little treats and found out that pandan cake is available on Sundays, so exciting! I’m eating my white rabbit sweets right now, they’re so addictive and taste like mini milks, mm! Pizza also came in the equation of hangover day, as did acting like fourteen year olds and using inappropriate names to order!  I also bought some fabric to start making my own bunting for my room, I’ve already started and there will be a post on it pretty soon, I just need to finish it at home when I can get back to my sewing machine!

I’ve been trying my hardest to revise, with exams coming up in the next two weeks; I am still finding it hard to concentrate. I have two exams, on the 16th and 17th, Human Communication and History of Mass Media; I seriously cannot wait to get them over and done with. I will behave when I’m back at home, and become a bookworm and revise loads, I promise!  I’m excited to get back and get exams done because me and my friend Liam have decided we are going to make the most out of Cardiff and stop being lazy!


This post has been fairly brief, and I promise to make photos far more interesting after my exams! 

Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature